What is Innovations in Recovery?
Focused on exploring new and emerging modalities and proven approaches to substance abuse and co-occurring treatment, the Innovations in Recovery conference also highlights breakthroughs in complex mental health disorders and process addictions. The primary goal of IIR is to equip treatment professionals and organizations to effectively meet the needs of specialized clients and demographics, and to inform them of the latest business trends and topics impacting the industry.
Tracks at Innovations in Recovery
Advances in Behavioral Healthcare (CBT, DBT, EMDR)
- Educate attendees about both new and established modalities for treating substance abuse
Process Addictions and Co-occurring Disorders (eating disorders, sex addiction, trauma, etc.)
- Explore clinical approaches for working with clients struggling with co-occurring mental health disorders and process addictions
Holistic and Alternative Treatment Approaches
- Provide insight from a clinical perspective on methods outside of the traditional treatment frames professionals are accustomed to working in
Specialty Populations (adolescents, seniors, LGBTQ, professionals, etc.)
- Identify and explore successful treatment approaches for dealing with specific patient demographics outside of the more familiar “traditional” patient profiles
New Track! –Opiates and Emerging Narcotics (what to look for, how to diagnose, treatment planning)
- Examine the latest trends and statistics in the opioid crisis, new drugs entering the scene and the most effective treatment methods available today
The Business of Behavioral Healthcare (legislation, outcomes, reimbursements, ethics, and marketing)
- Explore non-clinical topics impacting behavioral healthcare from legal issues to billing along with issues related to reporting on and marketing treatment